- SOP on Operation and Cleaning of Vortex mixer
To lay down the procedure for Operation and Cleaning of Vortex mixer
This SOP is applicable for Operation and Cleaning of Vortex mixer in Microbiology Laboratory. (Pharmaceutical Company Name).
- Microbiologist or above of Microbiology Laboratory.
- Head – Microbiology section / Nominee.
- Head – Quality Control. / Nominee.
- Abbreviations and Definitions
SOP : Standard operating procedure
No. : Number
QC : Quality Control
QA : Quality Assurance
- Plug the power cable of the vortex mixer to the switchboard.
- Switch ON the mains.
- Switch ON the vortex mixer.
- Keep the container containing sample on the vibratory part of the vortex mixer for vortex mixing.
- As per the requirement adjust the vortexing speed by rotating the knob provided in either clockwise or anticlockwise direction.
- Take precautions to avoid the spillage of the sample from the tube or vial.
- After completion of the activity switch off the vortex mixer and switch off the mains.
- Clean the surface of the vortex mixer twice daily at start and end of day’s work with lint free mopping cloth moistened with 70% IPA.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies – Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control, Stores, Engineering and Human Resource
Reason for Revision
For More Pharma Updates Visit –http://pharmaguidances.com