- To lay down a procedure for cleaning of shrink wrapping machine.
- This SOP is applicable for cleaning of shrink wrapping machine in production area.
- Production operator / technician – responsible for cleaning of machine.
- Production officer / Executive – to ensure that cleaning of the machine is carried out as per SOP.
- Production Head shall be accountable for the compliance of SOP.
- SOP : Standard Operating Procedure.
- Cleaning of shrink wrapping machine is to be done, when day’s production work is over, at the batch change over or whenever required.
- Remove the shrink film roll from the film roll holder of the machine
- Remove the shrink film pieces if any, observed from the sealing platform.
- Destroy & dispose off the collected shrink film pieces as per SOP.
- Clean the film roll holder, package platform, sealing platform & tunnel conveyer with the help of compressed air & check that there is no dirt & dust on the machine.
- Clean the machine outer surface and their parts – L sealer bar, package platform, sealing platform, film roll holder, sealing pad, magnet, trolley lags, shrink tunnel & tunnel conveyer with the help of dry lint free wipe.
- Clean any plastic residue from the sealing wire by using copper brush immediately after the sealing wire heated, by pressing “CLEAN” function key.
- Wait till the machine cool down & clean the loose residue by using lint free cloth.
- Clean the machine with lint free cloth soaked in purified water & after that wipe with lint free dry cloth to remove any remnant moisture.
- Operator wear protective gloves for safety purposes during the cleaning process of the machine.
- Cleaning is to be done in presence of production officer.
- Record the details of operation, cleaning and preventive maintenance of the shrink wrapping machine in equipment logbook as per SOP. .Get the details checked by the Production officer/supervisor.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control
Date Revision Number
Reason for Revision
– 00 New SOP
END OF SOP