Procedure for operation of Autotitrator (METTLER TOLEDO). Quality assurance
- To lay down the procedure for operation of AUTO TITRATOR (METTLER TOLEDO DL50)
- This procedure is applicable to Autotitrator (METTLER TOLEDO DL50).
- Quality Control Executive/Officer.
- Head Quality Control.
- PROCEDURE FOR CLEANING
- Check that the power supply to the instrument is switched ‘ OFF ‘ before cleaning. Clean the instrument with a clean dry cloth every day. Occasionally wet cloth dipped in dilute soap solution may be used. Precaution has to be taken to clean the instrument immediately with dry cloth to remove the moisture.
- OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS:
- The following electrodes are dedicated for use as mentioned below.
- DG 111 – SC à Acid Base (Aqueous)
- DG 113 – SC à Acid Base (Non – Aqueous)
- DM 140 – SC à Redox
- DM 141 – SC à Argentrimetric (Silvermetric)
- DM 143 – SC à Karl Fisher
- Connect the required Electrode (As given in 5.2.1), magnetic stirrer, printer cable on the backside of the instrument and connect the power cord to a suitable power supply.
- Switch “ON” the main power supply provided behind the Instrument. The system performs the self test and displays:
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5
- To perform the Titration, connect the Autotitrator Burette to the instrument, and lock the Burette Stand with the knob provided label no. 2 and ensure that the tubing’s are properly attached.
- Insert the one end of the tubing into the appropriate bottle containing the Titrant and the other End to the burette.
- Press the <burette> key. Rinse the burette and fill ensuring that there are no air bubbles in the burette and tubing.
- Keep the end tip into the Titrant bottle. Press start button to rinse the burette. Ensure that no air bubbles are present in the tubing during rinsing. Repeat the rinsing operation twice or more to ensure that the burette is completely filled and the tubes are well rinsed.
- Fasten a titration beaker to the titration stand and insert the dispensing tube of the Titrant in one of the opening of the titration head.
- To start analysis select green button METHOD on the keypad. The following screen will be displayed:
Method ID ————
Delete Print Modify
F1 F2 F3 F4 F5
- Select method ID by pressing F4 to modify.
- To Insert the title press F4, insert the ID,go to modify and feed the desired parameter.
- Go to sample, by pressing < or = “modify” enter sample ID.
- In the “Entry type” – ‘weight’, “molar mass M” of (material).
- Go to stir, with < or = key and press “modify”.
- Click OK and proceed to stirer speed 50 (%) and time 30 (s).
- Following the above steps, feed the parameters for EQP titration, calculation titer, report and press OK.
- Go to standard methods, press F5 then go to “Equivalent point titration” press F4 give the details, press F5 ⇒ OK
- Similarly feed the “Sample”, “Stir”, “EQP titration”, “Calculation” and “Report” , press F5 after every step.
- To save the method select YES and press F5.
- To Run the method Press green Colour Butten RUN.
- Select method ID with the or and press F5 à
- Weigh the powder and transfer in the titration vessel and fill the vessel with about 60 ml of required solvent and attach it to the titration shelf.
- Press START to start the titration, check the stirrer 1, = stand 1, sensor 1 i.e. DG113 / DG111 and any suitable, Click “OK”.
- The sample number 1 appears. Insert the sample ID, for numerical ID one can use the numerical key pad, For alphabetical entry. This is done by attaching the keyboard to the instrument.
- Go down to “Weight”. Insert the desired weight in gm.
- The correction factor f 1.0, keeping temperature (°C) 25.0. Click “OK”
- Current sample for “RUN”. Number 1 of 1 appears with “Sample ID” and “Method ID”. Click F5 ⇒ OK
- This titration will start, with the stir function stirring for the 30 secs and at a speed of 50% to mix the solution (the elapsed time is displayed). The display of ml and mV curve will be observed.
- If the printer is defined and attached, the titration curve and the table of measured values of this determination are printed out.
- The results of the first sample are then displayed. The second or third result can be viewed with ⇓ key. The formula’s for the calculations of these 3 results R1, R2 and R3 are defined in the method.
- Completion of titration Remove the titration vessel rotating the clamp, anticlockwise.
- Prepare the second titration and fasten the beaker to the titration head.
- Repeat the procedure for second titration folowing the steps from 5.2.20.
- When the titration is complete the results are printed out.
- Remove the electrode, clean and store DG113 in 1 M LiCl2 & DG111 in 3M KCL electrode storage tube.
- Empty the Titration vessel with the knob provided on the instrument in the waste bottle and the waste is discarded under the exhaust.
- Do not expose Acetic Acid or Acetic Anhydride to air.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control.engineering
Date Revision Number Reason for Revision – 00 New SOP