- To lay down the procedure for operation of pH / Conductivity meter (PICO)
- To ensure that the instrument performs satisfactory and gives accurate and reproducible data. This SOP shall be applicable for the pH / Conductivity meter (PICO).
- Quality Control Executive/Officer.
- Quality Control Manager.
- PROCEDURE FOR CLEANING
- Check that the power supply to the instrument is switched ‘ OFF ‘ before cleaning. Clean the instrument with a clean dry cloth every day. Occasionally wet cloth dipped in dilute soap solution may be used. Precaution has to be taken to clean the instrument immediately with dry cloth to remove the moisture.
- OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Check that the instrument is properly connected to the power supply and pH electrode, conductivity electrode, temperature sensor to appropriate socket to back panel of the PICO meter.
- Switch on the main power supply of instrument.
- Display shows:
pH / CON Meter.
- FOR MEASUREMENT OF CONDUCTIVITY:
- Press MODE 2/DEF ENTER to select conductivity mode.
- Display shows:
Press ENTER or MODE
- To measure the conductivity rinse the conductivity cell 2-3 times with distilled water, remove the excess water by soaking it with lint free tissue paper, then dip in to the solution of which conductivity is to be measured.
- Press ENTER
- Display shows:Enter cell constant: xxxxx
- Again press ENTER
- Display shows Wait Stabilizing…… Con = xxxx µS No. xx C K = x.xxx *27.0°C
- Take the print out of program parameter, by press ENTER
- FOR MEASUREMENT OF pH:
- Reset the instrument by pressing key.RESET
- Press MODE ⇒ 1/ABC ⇒ ENTER to select pH mode.
- To measure the pH rinse the pH electrode 2-3 times with distilled water, remove the excess water by soaking it with lint free tissue paper, then dip the electrode and RTD sensor in to the pH 7.0 buffer solution.
- Press ENTER ⇒ CAL ⇒ Calibration Mode : 1) Stand. 2) Calib.⇒ 1/ABC ⇒ ENTER
- Display shows: Use Buffer (6.8 – 7.2) Enter pH =
- Enter 7.0 by using numerical key then press “enter” key display shows Enter if stable mV MV = =xxxxx
- Wait till MV value stabilizing then press ENTER, display shows: Standardization Over Offset = 000.0 ⇒Calibrate: 1) Y 2) N
- Now remove the pH electrode then rinse 2-3 times with distilled water, remove the excess water by soaking it with lint free tissue paper, then dip the electrode and RTD sensor in the sample solution.
- After completion of analysis make entry in respective logbook.
- Report any discrepancy during operation of the instrument to the section HOD.
- Forms and Records (Annexures)
- Not Applicable
- Master copy – Quality Assurance
- Controlled copies- Quality Assurance, Production, Quality Control.engineering
Date Revision Number Reason for Revision – 00 New SOP
For More Updates Visit –http://pharmaguidances.com/jobs/